Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Hehwoah. My name a Garrett. I 4 years old.

Happy Birthday to Garrett! This morning Chris taught Garrett to say that he is 4 years old. For a while he insisted that he was 3, but after some coaxing, he agreed that he could be four. When I took him to school he said, "Hi guys. I 4 years old. It a birtday and I hab cake today." Garrett brought cupcakes with him to school and shared them with his class during snack time. While he was at school, I went to the party store and got him a bunch of balloons and some Curious George party decorations. Then I went to the grocery store and got him a cake. (I don't bake.) On the way home from school Garrett got angry when I told him that he was 4. He said, "No! I not. I tree years old. My name a Garrett. I tree." Later he announced that he was indeed 4. He discussed having his cake all day long. We finally had cake after dinner and Garrett was thrilled. He was also thrilled with his Curious George party hat. Mary liked wearing her party hat too. Several times I caught Garrett talking to his reflection in the oven door. He said, "Hi. You have a hat. It has Curious George. Okay?" Garrett seemed very intrigued that the hat had a point and it could possibly be used as a spear. He tried to spear me and Mary with his hat.This weekend we will have a real party and we'll give Garrett his birthday presents. Until then, please enjoy this picture of Garrett discussing his hat with himself.

No comments: