Tuesday, January 2, 2007

Parrot or squirrel? Probably both.

Today Garrett, Mary, Chris, and I grabbed some tacos at a local Mexican food store/restaurant. Garrett was pretending to hide and Chris kept asking, "Where did Garrett go?" Out of nowhere Mary said, "ergaritgo?" Then later tonight Garrett threw a pillow at Mary and I said, "Garrett! That wasn't nice. You say sorry to Mary!." Garrett said, "Sorry Mary." Then Mary said, "Sorreee." She said it twice. She's a parrot. She's also a squirrel. She hides her bottles like little nuts between her crib bumper and the crib rails. I had been wondering where all the bottles had gone. Then I pulled out her crib to get something else that had fallen behind it and found her stash. Garrett used to throw his bottles out of his crib when he was done with them. We always knew when he was going to sleep because we'd hear the blissful sound of plastic hitting wood.

1 comment:

Caroline said...

Elaina informed me that I have the poem wrong. It's supposed to read:

A fly and a flea in a flue
Were imprisoned, so what could they do?
"Let us fly," said the flea
"Let us flee,"said the fly
So they flew through a flaw in the flue.