Monday, January 8, 2007

Invasion of the Bathroom Snatchers

Today I left the cough syrup open for a couple of hours in the bathroom, which was just long enough to invite the ants. They are the teeny-tiniest little ants you've ever seen. Unfortunately for Garrett, they are in his bathroom. Today he went in to use the potty and he said, "OH NO! Mommy! Ants! I need help." There were about 5 of them crawling on the counter and 1 --to Garrett's horror-- on the toilet. He said, "Get 'em, mommy." I did. I got them. I said, "Okay, Garrett, they're gone. You can go potty." "No," he said, "there's anudder one! It hiding!" Sure enough another one crawled up from under the counter. I said, "Okay, now they're gone." He said, " Mommy, I don't want to go potty. I don't like 'em, ants." I said, "Oh, Garrett. They can't hurt you...." Before I could finish explaining he drew a deep breath and pointed to another one. "GET IT!" I did. "Good job, mommy. Let's go upstairs." Garrett pretends to love dinosaurs, dragons, scary jungles, and so on. Don't be fooled! According to Garrett, anything that really moves could kill us all.

No comments: