Thursday, January 4, 2007
Farewell to Michelle. Boo hoo!
Yesterday we learned that our beloved speech therapist, Michelle, will be leaving us because she's getting married and moving on. Garrett and I are so sad. We have seen Michelle once a week since June and I can't imagine a better match than Michelle and Garrett. Garrett calls her "Me Michelle." Garrett likes to look down the hall of the speech therapy wing and wait for Michelle to come for him. If somebody comes who is not Michelle, he says, "That's not Michelle!" When Michelle comes Garrett forgets all about me and walks next to Michelle to her office. They have a great time reading books, playing games, doing arts and crafts, and eating candy! Whatever Michelle does in the future, I hope she continues to work with kids because she is extremely talented and relates to them so well. We will miss you Michelle!! Thank you for being such a good friend to Garrett and for working so hard to help him. You have made a tremendous difference to him. Dang, I'm going to cry.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Oh dear Caroline, I might cry too! There are some kids that no matter how much they improve in therapy you really hope they'll have to stay, and I think Garrett is one of them! I'll miss his "ooooo...scary" and hugs too:-) No matter how much he might struggle, he's going to be ok with a mom like you! And I truly hope you survive the plane trip! You never told me how good you are at writing by the way.
Post a Comment