Thursday, February 1, 2007
Mary Has a New Pair of Shoes
Recently Mary has become the recipient of some very fine shoes. She got Mary Jane style tennies from Paul. She got Pink leather shoes and brown leather shoes from Cristina, and she got some butterfly Robbies from Elaina. Mary likes to pull her shoes off in the car. Sometimes she pulls them off at home too. Today she pulled them off and took off with her cute little waddle walk. After a few trips between the dining room and the foyer, she paused to consider her situation: it is 20 degrees outside. We have wood floors and drafty windows. Her toes were cold. She picked up a previously tossed brown shoe and handed it to me and made her "I want" sound. I put on the one shoe and she tried going about her business with just one shoe. Then she returned with a demanding look on her face. She said, "Sock, sock, sock." She wanted the other shoe. Since I couldn't find the other brown shoe, I had to give her a pink one. She seemed satisfied with this and spend the rest of the day wearing two different shoes. The funny thing is that she never tried to take them off, despite her habit of doing so. I think she likes her new style.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment