Monday, February 26, 2007
Garrett's Most Valuable Possessions: A Sword, A Dog, and a Valentine.
Today Garrett made it very clear to me that I was not to move his dog, his sword, or his valentine from Emma. We all know how much Garrett loves his dog. He greets his dog like he is a real person: "Oh, hello, Dog. How are you? I fine. You want watch monster show Dog? Okay." More recently Garrett has shown an enormous affection for his Batman sword. He has his sword at the ready to slay the dragons in his playroom (the ones that are supposedly flying over our heads at all times). He often invites me to a duel, although somehow I always manage to end up with the floppy Styrofoam sword and he has the indestructible Batman sword. When I am invited to duel, I am assigned the role of a scary foe: dragon, ghost, skeleton, pirate. Sometimes Garrett puts the curse of fire on me by standing in a very particular pose and hurling fire from his hands and mouth. I then have to die instantly, only to be revived by a kiss moments later. I rather like dying by fire because I get to lay down and rest from the duel and I get a kiss from Garrett. He usually chooses to kiss my foot so that when I lurch up ready for battle, he is farthest from my hands. Garrett's third favorite object is a huge floppy heart given to him by his classmate, Emma, on Valentines day. He doesn't have a crush on Emma. He just is impressed by the size and form of the heart. He says, "Oh, mommy, look at this. It's a heart! It's my heart." If Mary takes his heart he gets very upset. The other day he insisted on laying on the couch with his faithful dog, his mighty sword, and his enormous heart. He said, "Here, mommy, you put on a monster show and sit on couch with me." He truly looked as if he had everything a person could need in this world.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment