
As I mentioned on Garrett's birthday last Wednesday, we were set to have a real party this weekend. In fact, we had decided that Sunday would be a good day. Wrong. We forgot that the Superbowl was today. Also, it is colder than a well digger's butt in Alaska here and nobody wants to leave their house. We won't even open the door to get the mail. Seriously, it's -12 degrees. Not birthday party weather. So at some point we decided not to have the party, or put it off until later. Yesterday I learned that Isabella, one of Garrett's best friends, fully expected that Garrett would be having a birthday party today. She was all set to see Garrett, who she has been missing while we've been traveling, and had picked out a special present for him. Garrett has been missing Isabella too and he was thrilled by the prospect of seeing her. I decided we would just go ahead with the birthday party, except that it would be more like having Isabella over for an upscale play date. We got another cake, I decorated the table with
all the party goods, we produced presents, and ordered pizza. We lit the candles, put Curious George back on the cake, sang the song, and all was right with the world. Garrett was thrilled. Isabella gave Garrett a very cool dragon for his birthday, which fit very well with the Playmobile Dragon's Dungeon that we gave him. It took a while to put the dungeon together (thank you, Chris), but it was a big hit once it was assembled. And guess who is the dungeon keeper? Mary! She's opening all the doors, sending knights down the trap door, knocking the dragon off of the castle, and generally laying the law of the land. I imagine that Garrett is beginning to think that birthday celebrations are an every day event, complete with cake and pizza. Tomorrow is my birthday, so we will have another day of good cheer, but mine will involve tacos!

1 comment:
Too CUTE!!! I'm loving your blog. Have a great cold day today:)
Post a Comment