Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Back from washington, D.C.

Garrett and Mary and I just returned from a great visit with our friends in Washington, D.C. We spent a few days with the Fischer Family: Emily, Bill, Aidan (3.5) and Ella (2); and then a few days with the Lynch Family: Anna, Steve, Connor (2.5), and Kerrigan (15 mos.). With Garrett and Mary added to the mix it was a lot of kids, but they all played so well together it was actually an easier parenting situation than I normally experience. Of course a major factor in the ease of parenting was the presence of two other fantastic and considerate mommies (Emily and Anna). Garrett loved playing with the boys and having some other kids with whome he could horse around. Since Garrett was occupied playing with the boys, Mary was free to explore the new mecca of toys. I had many moments of pride in the families that Emily, Anna, and I have created.

We also had the joy of visiting with our "Fraunt" Heather, who drove from New York to visit with us and our children. I had a wonderful and rare opportunity to leave Garrett and Mary with Anna and Emily and go out with Heather for some lunch and shopping. I owe a debt of gratitude to Anna and Em for giving me the opportunity to a) visit with a friend that I rarely get to see, b) go with that friend to a lunch in a restaurant that was absent of wiggling children, and c) and shop with my very best shopper friend.

Garrett and Mary are busy talking about their new friends and are eager to return. I hope it will be soon!

No comments: