Sunday, April 15, 2007

Trying to get to Pop and GPs and Elaina's House

Garrett has been asking to go to Pop and GP and Neena's house. He wants to play baseball and go to the park with all of them. He also wants to visit Paul and wear Paul's swim goggles. I have to explain to him that they all live far away in California. To get there we would have to fly on a plane. To get on a plane, we would have to make plans ahead of time. Shortly after discussing the logistics of getting to California, Garrett saw a plane in the sky. He said, "OH look! An airplane!" I said, "Yep, that's a big airplane." He asked, "That airplane going to Pop and GP's house?" After realizing that we wouldn't be getting on a plane any time soon, Garrett became focused on having me attach wings to his dinosaur costume so that it would become a dragon costume. Dragons can fly.... perhaps even to Pop and GPs house. I attached the wings and Garrett tried to fly, but the wings fell off and he didn't get anywhere. He was really disappointed. Garrett has realized that we're not getting on a plane and he can't fly himself to California, and he is envious of other creatures that can fly. This morning we were going to the grocery store and we passed a pond. I said, "Garrett, look at the water. It's a pond." He said, "Oh, yes. Is it a beach?" I said, "Nope, it's just a pond. And there is a duck!" He said, "Oh, is that duck going to fly away?" I said, "I don't know, but he could fly away if he wanted to." He said, "Is he going to fly to Pop and GPs house and Neena's?" Surely, if a duck could fly anywhere, he'd go to Martinez, California.

No comments: